Nancy Giles sits on the Board of Hands On Greater Phoenix, which is a local nonprofit whose mission is to put volunteers to work where they are needed most. Most recently, Hands-On has been an integral part of putting volunteers to work to vaccinate the state of Arizona in partnership with Arizona State University Research Enterprise and others.
Nancy is also an avid supporter of STEP: Student Expedition Program, which provides a comprehensive program for educating and empowering low-income Arizona high school students to enroll in, pay for, and graduate from college. Since 2015, Nancy has taught STEP’s summer writing course to first-generation-college-bound high school seniors working on college admissions essays and scholarship applications.
Nancy is a proud supporter of Kiva as well. Over the past ten years, Nancy has made over 30 microloans to borrowers in underserved communities who need (and pay back) loans for school tuition, business start-ups, business expansion, and farming capital. So far, Nancy has made microloans to go-getters in 25 different countries.
Additionally, Nancy’s community service in years past has included the following:
- Arizona Town Hall training committee, approx. 2004-2013
- Arizona Town Hall Report Chair, 2009; recorder, multiple times, approx. 2003-2013
- EDUPlus, Board member, 2010-2012
- Phoenix Youth at Risk/New Pathways, Mentor Coach, Leadership Coach, and Curriculum Leader, 2008-2011
- Arizona Women’s Law Association, State Board Member, 2008-2009
- Phoenix Youth at Risk/New Pathways, Youth Mentor, 2007-2008